Natural Ways to Eliminate Vaginal Yeast Infections (From Home)
Vaginal yeast infections are caused by the presence of an overgrowth of the Candida albicans fungus. This yeast-like fungus can be found in all of our bodies quite naturally. It usually doesn’t cause us any problems because our good bacteria keeps it in check.
Unfortunately, occasions can arise that upset this ‘good bacteria v bad bacteria’ balance such that the Candida is able to multiply and grow causing yeast infections.
And, being a fungus, Candida absolutely loves dark, moist and warm conditions. Which is why yeast infections are more likely to take place in the vagina, mouth, anus, arm-pits, etc., with the vagina being particularly prone.
Vaginal yeast infection symptoms are things like; itching, inflammation, redness, swelling, pain when urinating, thickish / clumpy white discharge, and painful intercourse.
MEDICATIONS FOR YEAST INFECTIONS
By far the most popular treatments are over-the-counter antifungal medications in the form of creams, lotions, and pessaries, etc. Depending on the severity of your infection, you can get 1 day, 3 day or 7 day treatments.
Typical of these are; Monistat, Vagistat, Femstat, Gynezol,Gyne-Lotrimin, Mycelex, and so on.
Although these can be effective in eliminating the symptoms, they can have some side effects for some people. And, particularly where the infection is severe or recurring, you may need to repeat the treatment.
But one of the problems with frequent treatments is that the fungus can build-up a resistance to the drug, thus making it ineffective.
Another issue is that they only address the symptoms, i.e. killing the fungus to eliminate the symptoms. What they don’t do is address the root causes of these infections…
The real cause of infection is the condition that causes the good v bad bacteria imbalance in the first place. The main reasons for this imbalance are; friendly bacteria depletion, a compromised immune system, pH imbalance, hormonal imbalance, too high sugar levels in the blood, and some drugs.
However, there are many natural ways to cure vaginal yeast infections by getting rid of the symptoms and addressing the underlying issues…
7 NATURAL REMEDIES FOR A VAGINAL YEAST INFECTION
(1) Apply plain, natural yogurt over the vulva. Coat a tampon in yogurt and insert at night, removing next morning. Repeat nightly until the symptoms disappear. Then use for another 2 nights just to make sure.
(2) Crush a raw, peeled clove of garlic into a paste and do the same as with the yogurt. Except, that for internal use, just make a tampon using a peeled raw garlic clove wrapped in muslin or fine gauze. Some women just insert the whole clove without any material.
(3) Run a low bath of warm water and add a cup of raw, unpasteurized, organic apple cider vinegar to it. Swish around to mix it. Then sit in the bath for around 20 minutes keeping your vaginal area submerged and gently lapping water against it.
(4) Go to a sugar-free diet. Avoid all sugars and sugar products including chocolates, sweets, cakes, and so on. Many packaged and canned foods have sugar, so always check the labels.
(5) Stop using perfumed women’s hygiene products as they alter the vaginal pH. Use only un-scented, plain toilet paper for the same reason. Avoid douching as well.
(6) Stop wearing tight jeans or any other tight bottoms as this tends to make the vaginal area sweaty. Wear loose bottoms, skirts or dresses.
(7) Wear underwear made of cotton instead of man-made fibres which don’t allow the area to breathe and stay dry.
There you have 7 natural tips on how to cure your vaginal yeast infection. Try them and see how you get on. Some might be better than others for you. The key is not just to get rid of the symptoms, but also to address the root cause(s).
To discover more about totally natural ways to cure a vaginal yeast infection please take a minute to go here – Yeast Infection No More, Linda Allen Candida Book